Training Administrative Assistant
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world seeks an experienced Training Administrative Assistant for our Atlanta office to provide administrative services for over 12,700 Delta pilots. The Training Administrative Assistant provides administrative support services for the MEC Training Committee Office, supporting the Committee Chairperson, the committee, and the pilots, in the administration and coordination of emails, handling phone calls, updating and maintaining Aviation Collegiate Education (ACE) reports and the Training Documents page and related administrative functions, under general supervision and within the limitations of Association policy. They also handle individual pilot calls and questions related to training; keep the Officers apprised of National and Committee agendas; independently draft correspondence for the review and approval of the Training Committee and may produce a variety of briefs, contracts, forms, letters, minutes, papers, reports, and/or updates related to the work of the committee; and, may communicate with Delta and the Committee, as directed. They are also responsible for establishing, organizing, and maintaining up-to-date training planning and scheduling files, filing and purging materials as directed and in accordance with established records management procedures and retention schedules.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Three (3) years of related experience, four (4) or more preferred.
- Knowledge of Delta pilot scheduling and work rules preferred but not required.
- Understanding of Delta corporate practices preferred but not required.
- Some training/planning/scheduling experience a plus.
- At management discretion, company experience with proven expertise may be substituted for some of the above.
- Customer and/or member service experience required, ALPA experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
- Effective interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact to work with all levels of employees, management, and membership.
- Well organized and detail-oriented with the ability to follow specific processes and procedures.
- Is a self-starter with the ability to work independently, without close supervision, and provide administrative solutions to various issues as they arise.
- Strong attention to detail with organizational and follow-through skills.
- Word processing speed of 40 wpm required, 60+ wpm strongly preferred.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Familiarity with database software preferred.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and frequently converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office. Also includes occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). Sporadically, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, boxes, cases, and/or files weighing as much as 25 lbs. While on travel, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Relocation not provided.